Launch of Innovative Learning Program DHRUV
Search 10th October 2019 here http://www.newsonair.com/Main_Audio_Bulletins_Search.aspx
TOPIC: General Studies 2
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education
In News: Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme- 'DHRUV', a 14 day learning programme, has been launched from Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Headquarters at Bengaluru.
- 60 students, 30 each from Science and Performing Arts discipline, have been selected for this ambitious programme in the first batch.
- The students will be from class 9 to 12 coming from private and public schools
- The first batch of this innovative scheme will consist of students who are talented in areas from singing and dancing to mathematics and physics. The students are being selected on the bases of their performance in the National Talent Search Examinations, competitions etc and once these students are selected the ministry will conduct sessions to get these children mentored in their chosen fields.
- The programme begins with a tour at ISRO followed by a stay in Delhi, where the selected students will be mentored by renowned experts.
- The programme will conclude on October 23.
Philosophy: The programme is called DHRUV (after the Pole Star) and every student to be called 'DHRUV TARA'. The students will thus both shine through their achievements and light a path for others to follow.
Objective: To identify and encourage talented children to enrich their skills and knowledge – In centres of excellence across the country, gifted children will be mentored and nurtured by renowned experts in different areas, so that they can reach their full potential. It is expected that many of the students selected will reach the highest levels in their chosen fields and bring laurels to their community, State and Nation. The scheme is set to be extended to other fields including creative writing as well.
- The scheme will help in sharpening the innovative imagination skills of the students along with their knowledge.
- The scheme will help the students to contribute to bringing in solutions to the socio-economic, environmental and political issued currently faced by the country.
- The programme will discuss global community challenges such as agricultural problems, glacial meltdown and water conservation. After receiving the training these students will be capable to contribute and provide solutions to climate change.